1. Begin by fixing the perimeter insulation to the wall by using the self-adhesive strip on the back.
When using floor insulation ≥ 5cm thick fix the perimeter insulation to the wall above the insulation.
2. Installation of System RED requires no specialist tools.
3. Begin by removing the film covering the self-adhesive backing and fixing the felt to the floor below the screed skirt
4. Roll the felt out, removing the self-adhesive film in sections and ensuring it is firmly fixed to the floor below.
5. The felt can be cut easily as necessary.
6. Remember to ensure that an overlap is achieved between adjacent pieces of felt, and that this happens below the screed skirt.
7. The overlapping portion needs only be as wide as is required for a secure fix to adjacent pieces of the felt roll.
8. Ensure the end of the pipework is adequately deburred before connecting the fitting and its olive.
9. With a helper to ensure the pipe is not kinked, lay out the pipework to the supplied
pipework layout design, walking on the pipe with clean footwear to fix it firmly to the felt roll below.
10. Once the installation is complete, fill the system with water, purge of air and leave under pressure (1.5bar). It is advised that the system is kept under pressure during the screeding process.
'no need to screed...'