1. The first row of Fermacell requires its 50mm lap joint to be cut off so that both the 10mm layers are in contact with the wall.
2. The cut edge should then be offered up against the perimeter insulation.
3. Dry lay all boards – two or three rows are recommended – before applying any adhesive.
4. It is highly recommended to mark the underlying pipe positions with a marker pen to avoid damage later when fastening boards together.
5. Apply Fermacell glue as per instructions on bottle.
6. Even small infill areas should include the 50mm lap joint.
7. Boards can be screwed together using the supplied screws. Note the boards are only screwed together and NOT down.
8. Alternatively, boards can be stapled with special diverging staples.
FERMACELL SHOULD NOT BE INSTALLED IN TEMPERATURES LESS THAN +10°C
'no need to screed...'